Saturday, September 22, 2012

Apologies and Some Great Finds

Well it's been a while and I have to say I have no great excuse for not writing. So let's get started.

I was in Maine this Summer and stopped at a small local game store called Weekend Anime. I was happily surprised to find out that they stock a very respectable supply of board games and that they also sell used miniatures. I actually dragged the family there twice (both times in pouring rain btw) and ended up walking away with five shopping bags full of old minis. That was very exciting. I also found a first edition copy of Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. More on that to come.

A vacation in Maine with sun, family, and five shopping bags of old miniatures is a good time indeed. I ended up eBay'ing a battalion of orks, some assorted fantasy characters, and wound up with a nice army for Warmachine. Total price after eBay- zero!  The wife was very impressed with my (in the end) thriftiness and I then took the kids to a ship museum for a trade in trade for dragging her to obscure game stores. Happy endings all around.

Kudos to Weekend Anime as well for being a terrific game store and housing a lot of nice product. Now I have to decide what to do with my Warmachine Pirate army.

No comments:

Post a Comment