Sunday, November 30, 2014

Vehicle Fun Part Two



The Normandy campaign for Chain of Command is moving along at a spunky pace and the Americans I command get some vehicle options. I like vehicles, especially bizarre and obscure ones. I like early war desert light tanks and the Soviets have a real talent for putting motors in things (I'm talking about you,  Aerosani!). Imagine my dismay, then, to discover that the Americans had essentially four vehicles. Trucks and halftracks, jeeps, Sherman tanks, and tank destroyers. Granted there are a few oddball creations like the M-8 and early on the Grant and M-5 are active but even so, American vehicles are just plain dull.

Resigned to equipping my fellows with Shermans and tank destroyers I picked up a pair of Armourfast models. Armourfast makes affordable models and the range is fairly decent. My initial impression when I unboxed the kit was neutral. It certainly didn't look too complex, rather the opposite. That initial impression was borne out as the construction commenced. The kit is slightly less complex than the Pegasus models and is really lacking in detail. Further, it had a good number of fit issues and I found myself puttying up a lot of spaces. Finally, the sprues attach at points that are highly visible, meaning that if you detach them carelessly you end up with big, visible gashes in the model.

Fine
I finished up a Sherman and M-10. The models are fine. Not fine like fine dining but fine like not terrible. They build fast and the price is right but if you're putting something on the table it may as well look special. And if I want simple, fast builds I think I'll go back to Pegasus.

3 comments:

  1. I am just painting up a couple of Achilles the British variant of the Wolverine (M10) from Armourfast. I did not have too many fit problems but they are flimsy for sure.

    Certainly not as good as PSC
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't running any games at Huzzah this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. National Scholarship Portal (NSP) was introduced under the National e-governance Plan to offer Smart Mission Oriented Accountable Responsive and Transparent platform to provide scholarship for multiple series, hence the beneficiary account added in the NSP Portal portal will be secure and the amount of scholarship will be deposited to the same, and at present there are limited states who are aligned to NSP and their scholarship can be seen in its application.

    ReplyDelete