Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Race for the Galaxy- Now Online!

I was pretty excited to hear from my friend Steve that Race for the Galaxy (RftG) is now playable online. I think RftG is one of the best games in recent memory and it continues to be entertaining and challenging after multiple plays. Now you can play against strangers across the globe via Game Genie online.

The Game Genie site uses scanned cards and the resolution is not terrific. As a result you need to know the card values to play, otherwise you'll be squinting at the screen and trying to guess what "Improved Logistics" or "Runaway Robots" gets you. I suspect this is why Rio Grande Games approved the site's use of the game. It won't prevent any sales of the game, but just allows fans who already know the game to play at work.

Which I, for the record, have not done. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment