Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thank you Vogue Fabrics!

The Funny Little Wars game is ideally played outdoors but I'm reluctant to count on good weather in Maine. In addition I'd have to make a slew of movement trays and  deal with wind and dirt and all the other perils of the spooky outdoors. Happily the folks at Huzzah were able to get a room to play in. At this point the question was how to turn a hotel carpet into a cool old school style play surface.

Hey, everyone with twenty pounds of felt raise your hands! Yup, I'm now the proud owner or twenty yards of bright green felt, enough to cover the floor of a decent sized room. I had to look around a bit to find a good supplier of bulk fabric. It turns out that there's a store in Chicago that is apparently a mammoth cavern of fabric And does mail order. Vogue Fabrics was easy to work with and they got the material to me in no time. Plus it came in a gigantic box that's well suited for turning into a spaceship or submarine.

1 comment: